Is your monthly cell phone bill totaling hundreds of dollars? That’s a huge expense, one that adds up to thousands of dollars per year, just on one single bill.
If you’re paying too much for your cell phone plan, you don’t need to stick with the same carrier. You can find better, more affordable options – if you know which carriers offer the cheapest plans.
The following cell phone companies offer the cheapest plans available today, ranked based on their plan pricing.
1. Unreal Mobile
Unreal Mobile offers seriously cheap pricing for cell phone service – according to the company, it’s home to the lowest-priced unlimited plan in America¹. You can call and text as often as you’d like, enjoying no limits or maximums on your cell phone usage. Unreal Mobile lets you use a phone you already own or choose a new one offered by the company. And you can keep your current phone number.
Unreal Mobile plans start at $10 per month. You can customize your plan – and its price – depending on the cell services you need. Plans include²:
- $10 per month: 1GB of data, plus unlimited calling and texting.
- $15 per month: 2GB of data, plus unlimited calling and texting.
- $30 per month: 5GB of data, plus unlimited calling and texting.
All Unreal Mobile plans include calling, texting, and varying amounts of monthly data. You’ll also enjoy:
- The high-speed data amount of your choice.
- Unused data rolls over monthly.
- Smart Usage, which shows your data speed and lets you control your usage.
- Flexible online payment options.
- Plan bonuses for sticking with Unreal Mobile.
- 14-day money back guarantee.
- Ability to share high-speed data with friends.
2. Red Pocket
Red Pocket is driving down the cost of cell phone service by letting you choose a low-priced plan that meets you calling, texting, and high-speed LTE data needs. And with a Red Pocket plan, you’ll get access to any of the four nationwide networks – the “big four” cell phone companies’ networks – to ensure total coverage.
Red Pocket cell phone plans start at just $10 per month. You can choose a plan that suits your typical cell phone usage, with monthly options that include the following³:
- $10 per month: 500 calling minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB of data.
- $15 per month: 1000 calling minutes, unlimited texts, and 1GB of data.
- $19 per month: Unlimited calling and texting, with 1GB of data.
- $30 per month: Unlimited calling and texting, with 5GB of data.
In every Red Pocket plan, you get a wide range of features and perks. These include:
- Free international calls to more than 70 countries.
- Free SIM card.
- No contracts.
- No credit checks.
3. Consumer Cellular
Consumer Cellular is an incredibly user-friendly cell phone company, and it’s an exceptional choice for anyone who’s in need of flexibility and a plan that’s effortless. Perhaps best-known as a senior-friendly wireless company, Consumer Cellular works to keep its costs low while providing quality, reliable service. You’ll enjoy nationwide coverage on the AT&T network when you sign up with Consumer Cellular.
Consumer Cellular offers a number of different plans, and each one is affordable. You can choose a plan that suits your needs, whether you’re a light phone user or a frequent caller and texter. You choose the number of lines, or phone numbers, as well as your minutes, text messages, and data.
The cheapest plan offered by Consumer Cellular is $20 per month⁴. That plan includes 1 line, 250 minutes, unlimited texting, and 250MB of data. Want to add to your plan? Extras cost the following:
- $15 per month for each additional line.
- $20 per month for unlimited calling minutes.
- Anywhere from $10 per month to $40 per month for data between 2GB and 20GB.
Consumer Cellular plans are completely customizable, meaning you can choose the minutes, texts, and data you need. You’ll also enjoy the following perks of switching to this customer-friendly provider:
- Can add friends or family to your plan ($15 per month per line).
- Can change your plan at any time, with no additional fees.
- AARP member discounts.
- Web browsing and internet access on your phone.
- Cell phones designed for seniors or those uncomfortable with smartphone.
4. Mint Mobile
Mint Mobile is a newcomer to the cell phone world, but it’s already making a splash. With low-priced plans and incredibly cheap limited-time promotions, this is one provider that’s driving down the cost of cell service. Even without a discount, you can’t beat the low prices offered on Mint Mobile’s monthly plans – all of which include data.
Mint Mobile offers three different tiers of plans and pricing, each one under $100 a month. New customers get a special discount for signing up. The company’s plans are⁵:
- 3GB of Data: $15 per month for new customers, $25 per month for current customers.
- 8GB of Data: $20 per month for new customers, $35 per month for current customers.
- 12GB of Data: $25 per month for new customers, $45 per month for current customers.
While the amount of data varies depending on the plan you choose, all Mint Mobile cell phone plans include the following:
- Risk-free 7-day money back guarantee.
- Can choose a 3-month introductory plan before signing up for a full year.
- Service on T-Mobile’s network.
- Choose your data limits – if you reach your maximum, Mint Mobile simply slows your speeds.
- Can lock in discounted pricing when you renew your plan annually.
- Can either buy a new phone or bring one you already own.
5. Republic Wireless
Republic Wireless is a unique cell phone company. While most exist to offer you cell service at a high price, Republic Wireless designs its plans to save you money. You can pay only for the services you need, not additional ones you’ll never use. And this means you can customize your plan as things change too. One feature of Republic Wireless that customers rave about online is the company’s customer service, PC Mag⁶ reports.
Republic Wireless offers a few different cell phone plans. Each has a different amount of data, which you can upgrade or downgrade any time you’re looking to add features or save money⁷:
- 0GB of Data: $15 per month. Includes unlimited Talk & Text only.
- 1GB of Data: $20 per month.
- 2GB of Data: $25 per month.
As a Republic Wireless customer, you’ll enjoy the following benefits and included features:
- Flexible cell phone plans with the amount of data you need.
- Nationwide coverage
- Ability to increase or downgrade data at any time (even right from your phone).
- No contract.
- Can try a plan for 30 days for free (must bring your own phone number).
- Choose to use your own phone or buy a new phone.
Lower the Cost of Your Cell Phone Plan Today
Are you done spending thousands of dollars every year on your cell phone alone? You don’t need to waste money that you could be saving or spending elsewhere. To start cutting the cost of your cell service, you simply need to switch to one of these providers and plans.
If you’re interested in low-cost cell phone plans, remember that companies are always changing their prices. Discounts are available for new customers, and you can often find savings if you’re willing to change your plan. Make sure to do your homework. Research what the going rate is, and see if you can find lower-priced plans that meet your cell service needs.
1 Unreal Mobile 2 PC Mag, The Best Cheap Cell Phone Plans You've Never Heard Of 3 Red Pocket Mobile 4 PC Mag, The Best Cheap Cell Phone Plans You've Never Heard Of 5 Mint Mobile 6 PC Mag, The Best Cheap Cell Phone Plans You've Never Heard Of 7 Republic Wireless, Cell Phone Plans